Amid the Coronavirus pandemic, travel looks quite different now. You will need to take several safety precautions at every step to make your journey convenient yet safe. To keep this in mind, many airlines including United Airlines are now asking the passengers to show the COVID-19 report or document to make sure that you are not unsafe for others. Many people still ask does United Airlines require COVID test for international as well as domestic travel! Keep on reading this post to find out more.
What should be expected while flying with United Airlines?
The airline is running the United ClearPlus program by teaming up with the well-known company – Clorox. Through this program, the airline makes sure safety as well as cleanliness throughout your journey. The officials of United Airlines are working closely with Cleveland Clinic’s expert team to provide the cabin crew and passengers with the necessary guidance on the safety measures.
United Airlines and its COVID-19 Rules
Due to the ongoing Corona outbreak, the airline has waived off the Flight Change Fees permanently on most of the premium cabin class and economy tickets for those who are flying with the USA or between Mexico/ the Caribbean and the USA. There will be no change fee for the international flights flying from the USA.
In case your travel originates outside the USA, you will require not to pay any change fee if it is booked on or before 30th September 2021. Travelers having basic economy tickets can change their booking if the ticket is issued by 31st December 2021 for the travels commencing by the same date. If you choose to cancel your travel, you may request a refund by calling the customer support team of United Airlines or online.
Face Masks and Other Safety Precautions
All travelers who are 2 years old or above are required to cover their face (including nose) with a mask according to Federal Law. You should keep wearing the mask at the airport during the normal formalities and throughout your journey. You can take off the mask for a while if you are eating or drinking something. Please note that your boarding may be denied if you are now wearing the mask. In addition to this, you may require paying a certain amount as a penalty for the same too.
Does United Airlines Require COVID Test?
If you are looking for the answer to – does United Airlines requires a COVID test for domestic flights or/and international flights, then you are at the right platform because we will provide you with every minor yet crucial detail. If you are coming from an international country or flying within the country, then you will need to provide the airline with a COVID-19 negative test report or the documents of recovery, irrespective of citizenship you have.
United Airlines and COVID-19 Testing
People all around the world resume their travels now. To keep the safety of passengers in mind, the airline is now piloting programs on selected routes to make COVID-19 testing even easier and accessible. Check out the following for more details:
Traveling within the United States
If you are traveling within the country, then the airline will provide you with the mail-in, self-collected testing option. Before you place your order for the test, it is advised to check the specific testing requirements of your destination. Here are some important points about this testing:
- Mail-in testing will be done up to 72 hours prior to your travel
- It will be done through nasal swab and conducted by the ADL Health
- You will need to take the test and mail it to the concerned authorities up to 72 hours before your travel
- You will be provided with a digital copy of the test report within 24-48 hours before the travel
- Read the destination’s requirement related to result submission i.e. digital or hard copy and quarantine
- You will need to pay USD119 per test
Traveling to the USA
If you have a flight to the USA, then the airline will provide you with the approved testing facilities to help you meet the COVID-19 testing and related requirements. If you are taking a return flight to the USA, then you are suggested to keep the rapid antigen test report with you. Please note that it is only available to those who are taking a return flight to the USA, it will not be valid for travelers coming to or from China.
When it comes to testing, you can arrange one outside the USA through United Airlines and TrustAssure. With an extensive network of healthcare providers, TrustAssure will help you find a center for the RT PCR Test of COVID-19 so that you can easily provide the airline with the necessary documents. Check out the following points to learn more about the same:
- Visit the “Travel Ready Center” if you already booked for a scheduled flight with United Airlines to collect testing related important information and schedule your appointment
- The cost of the COVID-19 test may vary depending on the testing provider
Traveling to the Caribbean and Latin America with Mail-In as well as On-Site Providers
If you are also looking for the answer to – does United Airlines requires a COVID test for domestic flights and international flights, then you should keep on reading this section to find out more. Travelers coming from the USA to the selected destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America will get the approved testing options with United Airlines.
If your flight is originating from the USA and flying to selected destinations within the Caribbean and Latin America, then you can easily arrange a self-collected mail test of COVID-19 through the airline and ADL Health. Please note that it will be an RT-PCR test which will be valid in the following chosen destinations:
- Panama City, Panama
- Bogotá, Colombia
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Lima, Peru
- Guatemala City, Guatemala
If you are originating from one of the following destinations, then you will be required to connect through the Houston Intercontinental to avail of this testing option:
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Roatan, Honduras
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- San Salvador, El Salvador
Mail-In COVID-19 Testing for the Caribbean and Latin America
This should be done at least 72 hours before your scheduled travel time. Look at the following points to learn more:
- It should be done via nasal swab which will be administered by the ADL Health
- Visit the “Travel Ready Center” to check out more about the test and schedule one if you already have a booking
- You will need to conduct the test on your own and submit the same at least 72 hours before your travel
- The result will be provided up to 24-48 hours before the travel
- You will be provided with the digital copy of the result but you can take the print out if required
- Read the result submission and quarantine related rules of your country
- The test will cost you USD119
XpressCheck and CommonPass for Aruba
If you have received your COVID-19 test report through the XpressCheck at Washington Dulles/ Newark/ New York, then you can easily travel to Aruba by using your CommonPass. It will indicate your compliance with the entry and related requirements and eligibility to enter the country. You can download your CommonPass from the official mobile app of United Airlines. Get in touch with the airlines to know more about the same.
Canada and Mail-In and On-Site Testing
If you are in the USA and traveling to Canada, then you will be provided with the testing facilities so that things can be done easily and smoothly. For this destination, you can also avail of the self-collected and mail-in test facility. Look at the following to learn more:
- It will be an RT-PCR test
- It is a nasal swab test administered by the ADL Health
- Go to the Travel Ready Center to schedule your appointment for the test
- Conduct the test and submit it up to 72 hours before the travel
- You will be provided with the digital copy of the test within 24-48 hours before the travel by the airline
- You can print it later if needed as per the requirements of your arrival destination
- This test will cost you USD119
Traveling between San Francisco and Canada
If you are traveling between these destinations, then do not worry as the airline has collaboration with Color for testing options. Since these tests are already approved by the Government of Canada, you can make your travel as smooth as possible. Please note that this test is available for those who are 5 or above years of age. Some more essential points of this testing has been given below:
- This COVID-19 test will be administered by Color
- This facility will be available at the “United Airlines Technical Operations Facility Parking Lot”
- For those who already have a booking with United Airlines are suggested to go to the Travel Ready Center to collect more details about – does United Airlines require COVID test for your specific destination
- You can also book your test at the Travel Ready Center
- The results of COVID-19 test will be provided within 48 hours
- You will need to pay USD105 for each test
COVID-19 Testing and Traveling to the United Kingdom
Does United Airlines require a COVID test for international destinations like the United Kingdom – YES! By joining its hands with ADL Health, the airline is helping passengers to take the COVID-19 test. Check out the following crucial aspects including the cost of this test:
- It will be an RT-PCR test done through the nasal swab
- You can self-conduct the test and send it back to the concerned authorities within 72 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight
- You will receive the test result in the digital form within 24-48 hours of your flight
- Get in touch with the concerned department or authority of your arrival country to know the form of test result accepted by them i.e. digital copy or a hard one
- The test may cost you USD119 including shipping
Ireland Travel and COVID-19 Test
Unlike any other country (listed above), you will also require a negative test report or proper recovery-related documents if you are traveling to Ireland on United Airlines. In case you are not done with the testing process, fret not! The airline has a mail-in/ on-site COVID-19 testing facility. TestAssure is one of the healthcare partners of United Airlines that will conduct RT-PCR tests. When it comes to the cost, it may vary. Contact the customer support team to find out more about it.
Apart from this, mail-in testing is also available that can be self-administered. The report of this nasal swab test will be provided in 24-48 hours in digital form before your travel. If we talk about the cost of this test conducted by ADL Health, then you will need to pay USD119 per test.
COVID-19 Test for the Passengers Traveling to India
When it comes to traveling to India, many people ask – does United Airlines require a COVID test for India too? And the answer to this question is – YES. You will need to provide the test report and other supportive documents to make your travel convenient and smooth. There is a healthcare provider – TestAssure that will help you with the RT-PCR tests so that you can travel to India without any hassle. For this, you will need to go to the Travel Ready Center to schedule your appointment. The charges may vary depending on the provider.
Get in Touch with Us to Learn More
Have questions or doubts? Look no further when we are here with our team of dedicated professionals. Being a trusted platform, we always try our level best so that our users can have access to all the details related to United Airlines and its COVID-19 policies. So, no matter what query you have, what issue you are facing, you can always count on us and find the most adequate solutions for the same.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to United Airlines COVID-19 policy
Here are some frequently asked questions about United Airlines COVID-19 policy and related rules that have been answered below: