In the current scenario, flexibility is one of the most crucial aspects, particularly when you are traveling on a flight. We all know that emergencies can come without any intimation. As a result, you may require changing or even cancelling your trip. And changing flights is not less than a headache. But things can easily be adjusted if you have booked your tickets with United Airlines. Thanks to the options provided by the airline to adjust travel plans. So, keep on reading to learn more about United Airlines flight change policy and related aspects if you are the one whose plans are always uncertain.
24-Hour United Airlines Flight Change Policy
We all know that plans can be changed at any point of time due to unavoidable circumstances. Hence, you must take advantage of United Airlines’ 24-hour flexible Flight Booking Policy. This policy allows you to make changes in your booking or even cancel it within 24 hours of the purchase but at least one week before the scheduled departure of your flight. If you follow this policy, you will not require paying anything like the change fee. So, it is highly suggested to change your flight within 24 hours of the booking if you want to save on the change fee.
Choose United Airlines to Fly with “Flexibility”
So, your trip is about to come or only one day away from the scheduled departure! But want to change your booking at no extra cost? Well! You can do it as per the United Airlines policy to change the flight. The airline provides you with the flexibility to adjust travel plans without paying any extra charges for domestic as well as international flights.
This policy applies to almost all premium cabins and most economy tickets. However, you will need to pay the fare difference for the new flight, if any. In case you have Award tickets that are not originating in the USA, you will not require paying a change fee if you are doing it 30 or more days before the scheduled departure. But yes, the fare difference will need to be paid by you.
People having basic economy fares can only change their tickets if purchased through 31st December 2021 for the travels completed by 31st December 2021. For detailed information about the United Airlines policy on changing flights, connect with the customer care team.
Policy for Different Flight Change on the Same Day
The airline provides its passengers with the flexibility to change their flights before or after the check-in even if the tickets are booked through “Miles”. Look at the following for more details:
- Premier Members: If you are a premier member, then you will be provided with the extra flexibility to change your booking within 24 hours of the scheduled departure. Additionally, you can confirm your seat on another or new flight within 24 hours of the original scheduled departure at no extra cost. You may need to pay the difference fare amount if you choose a different location.
- Other Travelers: If you are a member of Mileage Plus but without Premier status, then you may only be eligible to confirm your seat on a new flight within 2 hours of the original departure time. However, fare difference will be paid by you, if applicable.
- Basic Economy Tickets: Passengers booked basic economy fares are not eligible for this service. However, they can stand by for another flight within 24 hours of the original scheduled departure.
Ways to Change Your Flight
The airline is best-known for offering flexible policies and customer-friendly services. When it comes to flight change methods, you will be provided with various ways including the ones listed below:
- Official Website
- Mobile Application
- Phone Call
- At the Airport/Kiosk
Detailed information about these flight change methods has been mentioned below. So, take a close look:
Change Your Flight via Official Website
- Go to the official website of United Airlines
- Select MY TRIP to view all your bookings
- Click on the booking that you want to change
- Choose CHANGE FLIGHT option and then make the necessary changes
- Once you are done, pay the difference amount, if any
- The airline will notify you regarding the same on your registered phone number or email ID
Change Your Flight via Mobile Application
- Download the official mobile app of United Airlines from your respective play store
- Click on the option MY TRIP to initiate the process
- You will get to see the option CHANGE FLIGHTS, click on it
- Make the changes by clicking on the EDIT option
- Pay the difference amount (if any) through your desired payment mode
- The airline will send you the notification via an email or SMS regarding the changes made by you
Change Your Flight Via a Phone Call
In case online methods do not work for you, a phone call is the best way to change your flight as per the United Airlines flight change policy. Call on the local customer contact center of United and ask them about the changes. After checking every aspect, they will ask you to provide certain details. Once you provide them with the details requested, they will initiate the process.
Change Your Flight via At the Airport/Kiosk
You can even change your flight in person at the airport. Just go to the United Airlines representative. They will ask you to provide several details. When you are done with the details, they will initiate the process.
Same-Day United Airlines Flight Change Policy and Service Charges
We have already elaborated about the same-day flight change in the section above. If you want to know more about the charges for this United Airlines policy on changing flight dates, then look at the table below:
|Level of the Membership||Applicable Service Charges|
|Mileage Plus Member||US$75|
However, to avail of the benefits of this specific service, you are suggested to check some details. And these include:
- The itinerary should only be operated by United Airlines or United Express
- The ticket number should start with 016
- The same-day flight change can only be made within 24 hours prior to the original departure time
- For different a fare option chosen, you will have to pay the difference fare amount
- “Stand By” option can be availed if the seats are not available in your precise fare class
- If you choose to upgrade your ticket, then it will added to the upgrade standby list automatically with your listed priorities
- Please note that the same-day change is available only for the same departure and arrival destinations/airports but you can change the connection point
You can easily confirm the same-day changes while checking in online, by calling the customer care team of United, or simply at the airport. If you have already checked your baggage on the original flight, then you will have to complete the change at least 1 hour before the new flight’s scheduled departure so that your bags can be moved. Need more details about United Airlines flight time change policy, visit the official website of the airline.
Connect with us to Understand United Airlines Flight Change Policy
Have doubts or questions? Get in touch with us and our dedicated professionals will help you understand the United Airlines policy to change flights in the best way possible. We will explain to you everything so that the flight change process can become less complicated for you. Even though you can always connect with the airlines, we are available 24/7 for your assistance with professional support services.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to United Airlines Flight Change Policy
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about United Airlines flight change policy and related aspects: