Even though there are many leading airlines offering services for unaccompanied minors, United Airlines stand apart because of many good reasons. The airline provides young passengers with a comfortable and safe journey while they are traveling alone. Whether they are visiting any family member or just going to attend any camp, when they are traveling with United Airlines, as a parent you can rest assured that they are in great hands – thanks to the outstanding United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy for international and domestic routes.
What is Unaccompanied Minor Policy or Service?
This policy is specifically designed for kids between the age of 5 and 14 who are flying alone. In addition to this, United Airlines provide unaccompanied minor services to kids between 15 and 17 years of age who are traveling alone. As per this amazing policy, all unaccompanied minors will be provided with a number of perks that include:
- Free snacks on flights that have “food for purchase” option
- Boarding before others so that they can easily settled prior to the takeoff
Unaccompanied Minor United Airlines Fee and Policy
United Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policy is particularly for the kids having the age between 5-14 years and traveling with a person who is 18 years of age or without a parent or legal guardian. To make their journey even better, the airline has listed certain requirements that will need to be followed by young travelers. Check out the following to learn more:
- These unaccompanied minors can travel on nonstop United Airlines or United Express flights only. This service cannot be used on codeshare and other partner airlines’ flights.
- This service is not available for connecting flights.
- Kids below the 5 years of age will not be accepted as unaccompanied minors under this policy even if they are traveling with another but older unaccompanied child.
- Kids between the ages of 15-17 years can also avail of the benefits attached with this service. However, they will need to pay an amount of USD150 as the unaccompanied minor United Airlines fee each way for 2 kids.
Detailed information about the unaccompanied minor United Airlines fee has been tabulated below. Take a look:
|Number of Kids Traveling Alone||Fee for One-Way Flights||Fee for Roundtrips|
|1||US$ 150||US$ 300|
|2||US$ 150||US$ 300|
|3||US$ 300||US$ 600|
|4||US$ 300||US$ 600|
|5||US$ 450||US$ 900|
|6||US$ 450||US$ 900|
Some more important points of the unaccompanied minor policy of United Airlines about the situation when 2 or more kids are traveling together have been listed below. Just take a close look to avoid unnecessary hassles:
- When 2 or more kids are traveling, the age of the youngest child will determine whether they can use our services or not
- If a kid is below 5 years of age, then they must travel with legal guardian, parent, or someone having at least 18 years of age
- If a child is between 15-17 years of age and opted for these services with another younger kid, then the parents should book the trip together to avoid the additional charges
The airline only wants to make the journey of unaccompanied minors smooth and safe. Hence, they have this policy of unaccompanied minors United Airlines for international and domestic flights.
How to Book for Your Unaccompanied Minor?
The airline provides people with some amazing ways so that they can easily book a ticket for their unaccompanied minor. So, look at the following for more:
- Go to the official website of United Airlines
- Choose the “Advanced Search” option
- Now, change the default settings and keep the number of adults – 0
- Choose the kids traveling from the given range of age
- Lastly, make the payment through your preferred mode to complete the process
Via a Phone Call
In case you are unable to book tickets online, you must connect with the customer contact center of United Airlines. The representative will connect with you and book tickets on your behalf. However, you will need to pay an additional USD25 as a booking service charge.
Essential Points to Have in Mind before Travel
No matter whether your child is a seasoned traveler or not, you must check out the following checklist and help them ready for the trip:
- Give them your phone numbers including emergency numbers in written so that they can connect with you whenever they want
- Share your experiences with your child so that they can know what is important
- Train them so that they can connect with the united aviation executive in the plane in case of an issue
- If they are travailing with any electronic device, then charge it completely or provide them with the power bank so that they can charge it
- Pack some games or books with the luggage of your kid so that they can keep themselves entertained throughout the journey
- Some countries need the travelers to fill out and submit the International Arrival Form. So, fill out this form on their behalf so that they don’t face any issue at the arrival
- Always remind your little one that the aviation executive of the United Airline is always at the airport so that they can have a better travel experience
Things to Keep in Mind before Departure
You must give at least 30 minutes extra to your child at the airport on the travel day. Additionally, there are certain points that you must keep in mind as per the United Airlines unaccompanied minor pick up or drop off:
- Please note that mobile and online check-in facilities are not available for unaccompanied minors. Hence, you must do it at the airport counter for your child
- The airline will validate the contact details of the adults who are designated to pick up and drop off the child. You can also add these details at the time of flight booking
- The airline will provide your child with special tags and wristbands so that they can easily be identified as an unaccompanied minor
- They will be provided with a specially designed envelope so that they can securely keep all the important documents related to their trip
- Parents or guardians will be provided with customer service numbers so that they can connect with their child
Boarding Related Rules of United Airlines
As per the unaccompanied minor policy of United Airlines, your child will get an opportunity to board before the normal time. At that time, the flight attendant of United Airlines can:
- Introduce the child to the crew members and pilots
- Personally greet the child
- Explain all safety measures
- Help your child find his seat
- Show when where the lavatories in the flight
During the Journey in the Flight
The airline has indicated certain points that every minor should know about. Look at the following to help your child make their trip better and more joyful:
Flight Attendants Check-In
The flight attendant of United Airlines Check-In with the unaccompanied minors throughout the flights. And they can easily be available. Your child can get in touch with them as they are only one call button away.
Meals and Beverages
Flights that have a “food for purchase” option, your child will get “one free” food item. You can also pack your favorite snacks with them. However, it is suggested to avoid packing liquids or gel-based items. Get in touch with the airline to learn more about the same.
Depending on the flight and route chosen, the airline provides your child with different in-flight entertainment. You can also download the United app on their electronic device if they are traveling with one so that they can enjoy movies and age-based content.
Unaccompanied Minor Policy Rules for the Arrival Airport
The representative of the airline will connect with your child once they reach the airport. After this, they will help them meet the designated “pick-up” person. The person who is coming to pick your child up needs to show his ID to verify his identity as per the United Airlines unaccompanied minor pick-up policy.
Get in Touch with Us to Make Your Child’s Safer
Have doubts? Get in touch with us and our dedicated team of support executives will help you understand every aspect of the policy and unaccompanied minor United Airlines fee. Simply put, irrespective of the destination chosen by you for your child’s journey, we will make sure that they have the most amazing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the frequently asked questions about United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy and fees have been answered below. Take a look: